There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT). Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.
Massage therapy consists primarily of hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, specifically, the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints for the purpose of optimizing health.
A registered massage therapists uses their knowledge of anatomy and physiology to combine traditional and modern massage therapy techniques, along with exercise and other therapies to treat their clients.
As a regulated health profession, massage therapists are overseen by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Massage Therapy Act.
Most progressive extended health insurance plans cover massage therapy treatments when provided by a Registered Massage Therapist, and no referral from your medical doctor is required.
Everyone can benefit from registered massage therapy.
Massage therapy is a proven treatment to reduce stress, anxiety, tension and pain in the body as well as relaxing the mind.
Massage has a holistic effect, increasing both physical and emotional wellbeing.
The general effect of massage includes strengthening the immune system function, increasing circulation and deep relaxation.
Add a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) to your health care team to help relieve:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and Respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
- And many other conditions.
Massage Therapy consistently provides significant improvements in the ability to manage pain and stress.
Therapeutic massage is an important part of a health maintenance plan, by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation
- Improving immune system functioning
- Increasing lymphatic drainage
- Reducing depression and anxiety
- Reducing tension within muscles
- Increasing body awareness