Who should wear gradient compression hosiery?
People who have or are experiencing any of the following conditions can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery:
• Tired, aching, fatigued legs
• Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
• People who stand or sit for long periods
• Chronic venous insufficiency
• Moderate to severe varicose veins
• Expectant mothers
• Family history of venous leg disorders
Additionally, many individuals without the preceding conditions simply appreciate wearing our gradient compression hosiery. Most people love the way they make their legs feel. Always consult with your physician before wearing compression stockings.
Venous Disease is progressive.
If left undiagnosed and untreated, minimal symptoms may result in a more serious condition. Symptoms range from an achy, heavy feeling and pain in the leg to edema (swelling), discoloration, skin changes and ultimately to a skin ulcer.
Medical Gradient Compression stockings are covered under many extended health insurance plans.