Waking up in the morning and only drinking coffee or tea?
Why not try a kick-start to your digestion by adding warm lemon water to your routine.
Here are our TOP 10 reasons to add lemon water to your day:
1. Support weight loss: New studies have shown lemon juice contains pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to aid in weight-loss struggles.
2. Morning BOOST: Start the day with warm water and fresh lemon to help to stimulate your digestive track and add vitamin C. Lemon water helps to stimulate the liver by aiding in the removal of toxins that can build up.
3. Prevent Kidney Stones: Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.
4. Anticancer properties: Studies have supported the anticancer activity of citrus liminoids, these compounds can protect your cells from damage
5. Vitamin C + anti-oxidant power! Lemons are also a very good source of potassium, calcium, fiber, and vitamin B6. Also present in lemons are iron, magnesium, riboflavin and thiamin.
6. Sore Throat? Yes mixing lemon water with honey can alleviate the pain!
7. Balance pH: Lemons are a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body’s pH. Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood.
8. Help digestion: Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help the digestive tract function.
9. Natural glowing skin. Detox your entire system! The vitamin C will help decrease blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin looking clear and bright.
10. TASTY: If for no other reason, lemons take plain water and kick it up a notch! Water is always the zero calorie fat free choice to hydrate your body. Adding the refreshing taste of lemons can help you drink even more water throughout the day.
Make yourself a warm lemon water tomorrow morning (it couldn’t be any easier):
1. Fill a glass/cup with water (warm is best, or room temperature)
2. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon into glass.
3. Stir and drink.
TIP: FILL a TRAVEL Water bottle with water + LEMON SLICES for a FULL DAY of lemon benefits! (Bonus: Add MINT leaves for a cool fresh flavour boost)
TIP: Sip lemon water before dinner too! (Great for weight loss and appetite curbing!)
Drink your lemon water at least two times a day, the first glass before breakfast in the morning. The second glass is best to drink before dinner or in the evening.
for best results, make lemon water a habit.